Denbies Wine Estate Foodie Experience Day
A Foodie experience event with wine tasting, cheese making and tasting.
This day long event hosted at Denbies Wine Estate, the largest in England with 265 acres under vines, in the Surrey Hills is a must for any gourmand. It offers an opportunity to appreciate just what goes into producing top quality English wine, with Denbies experts guiding you through the process of creating various wines, and instruction in the blending of wine, before being invited to try a selection of Denbies award winning wines.
At nearby Norbury Park Farm, as part of this amazing foodie experience, you will see how, Norbury Blue, Dirty Vicar and Dorking Cock cheeses are produced from a farm-assured, closed herd of Friesian cow’s milk. Learn, and see first-hand, cheese making in the traditional way, with an opportunity of feeling the curds, spiking the cheese, and tasting the award winning cheeses.
The event starts at 10:00 am with a welcoming tea, coffee, and Danish pastries and an introduction to the day’s activities. A 2-course lunch with half a bottle of wine, tea and coffee is served in the Conservatory or Gallery Restaurant, and the day ends in the tasting lounge at Denbies Vineyard Hotel, overlooking the Wine Estate, with a flight of 4 Denbies award winning premium wines matched with local charcuterie and cheeses.
Overnight stays at Denbies Vineyard Hotel the night before or on the night of the Foodie Experience Day, are available on request subject to availability.
Event Reference: GAS 105
Tour Dates: 20 Oct, 17 Nov, ‘Christmas Special’ 15 Dec 2022, 23 Mar, 20 Apr, 18 May, 15 Jun, 6 Jul, 14 Sep, 19 Oct, 16 Nov 2023
Cost: £155 per person
Member Cost: £147.50
Highlights and inclusions
- Exclusive Gastronomy Club Event
- Full day experience at England’s largest wine estate
- Tea or Coffee and Danish Pastries on arrival
- Hands on cheese making at Norbury Park Farm Cheese Co, Albury, where you learn all about the cheese making process
- Lunch on Denbies Wine Estate
- Return transfer between Denbies Wine Estate and Norbury Park Farm
- Expert instruction on the blending of wine & wine styles.
- Tasting a selection of Denbies award winning wines at the Winery.
- Final gourmet experience with a flight of 4 Denbies award winning premium wines which are matched with local charcuterie and cheeses at Denbies Vineyard Hotel
Event Deposit: £50 per person
- Optional overnight stay at Denbies Vineyard Hotel before or after your day’s Experience
Vineyard Hotel Cost: £95 per person (sharing a twin / double room on B&B basis)
Single supplement: from £65